– Setup AEON Wallet from scratch
– Start daemon with remote blockchain
– Start simplewallet
– Windows 7 or higher
– If you have 12GB RAM or enough HDD/SDD space available, please check out the normal guide: Setup AEON Wallet using Windows
– I am not a windows professional, some parts of this guide can be improved and be done in a more professional way.
– It is strongly recommended to use a local blockchain to strengthen the AEON network and prevent centralization
– If you use this version of the AEON Wallet, you will have less feature available and the remote blockchain can further limit your features as they please.
– This guide is mostly recommended for setups, where the hardware requirements of the normal setup can not be met
– Solomining is not possible in this setup. This setup is only for wallet creation and use.
Step 1: Download AEON Wallet
Go to https://github.com/aeonix/aeon/releases and download the newest AEON package. For this guide we use the binary AEON-0.9.12.0-WIN64.ZIP since it is the most user friendly way.
You will see two files:
Create a new folder on your computer with the name “aeon”. Copy simplewallet.exe to “aeon”.
Step 2: Create a shortcut for easier use
Rightclick on simplewallet.exe->Create shortcut
Rightclick on the newly created shortcut->Properties
Change the parameter in “Target:” from:
"C:\Users\YourUser\Desktop\aeon\simplewallet.exe" --daemon-address 126.96.36.199:11181
"C:\Users\YourUser\Desktop\aeon\simplewallet.exe" --daemon-address node.aeon-wallet.net:11181
Confirm this change by clicking on OK.
Step 3: First start of simplewallet
Double click on your shortcut “simplewallet.exe – Shortcut” to start your wallet.
This remote blockchain is maintained by the reddit user: /u/Lespristy
From here on, the simplewallet will accept the same commands as it does in the normal setup. But due to technical restrictions it will have less features available / won’t execute certain commands.
You just setup your own AEON Wallet. Congratulation and welcome to the world of AEON:)
For intructions on how to use the AEON wallet, click here.
The one and only thehihoguy.
Poolowner of Serenity and maintainer of Hidden Jadestone.
Modesty in person:P