– Setting up your first NVIDIA pool mining software under Windows
– Windows 7 or higher
– A NVIDIA Graphiccard capable of mining
– Has an AEON Wallet address
– Has basic pool mining knowledge or has read through Basic knowledge of pool mining
– I am not a Windows professional, some parts of this guide can be improved and be done in a more professional way.
– The pool mining software shown in this guide is personal preference, you are of course free to choose any other software.
– The pool Serenity shown in this guide is owned by Hidden Jadestone, you are of course free to choose any other pool.
Table of contents:
– Step 1: Download pool mining software
– Step 2: Configure and start your pool mining software
Step 1: Download pool mining software
For this guide we will use the Serenity AEON Pool and the mining software “XMRig-nvidia”.
Go to Serenity AEON Pool and switch to the “Getting Started” Tab. Scroll down to the Mining Apps section.
We want to download “XMRig-nvidia”, so click on “GitHub” under the Downloads section.
Download the newest .zip file of this software by clicking on it. In this case it is: xmrig-nvidia-2.3.1-win64.zip
Confirm with OK.
You will see not the content of the .zip file.
Create a new folder on your computer with the name “aeon_mining”. Copy those 3 files from the .zip file to “aeon_mining”.
You just downloaded your first AEON NVIDIA pool mining software, now we have to set it up.
Step 2: Configure and start your pool mining software
Now its time to configure our pool software. Open your config.json file in the aeon_mining folder and edit following parts…
Click on File->Save.
After you saved config.json, you can close the texteditor.
(If you are an advanced user, you can adjust the config.json of course further and optimize it to your setup.)
All done, now we can start the pool mining. Double click on xmrig-nvidia.exe
You successfully started pool mining on your computer!
Now that it is running, we want to check our stats. Go to Serenity AEON Pool scroll down to the section “Your Stats & Payment History”.
Enter your YOUR_PUBLIC_WALLET_ADDRESS and click on “Lookup”.
Here you will see your pending balance, current hash rate, payouts and other stats.
All you have to do now is to wait for the pool to find a block!:)
Congratulation, you just setup your first CPU pool mining software.
The one and only thehihoguy.
Poolowner of Serenity and maintainer of Hidden Jadestone.
Modesty in person:P